In the state of Victoria there is a hierarchy of Courts.
- Magistrates Court
- County Court
- Supreme Court
Daniel has personally appeared on behalf of his clients in the Magistrates, County and Supreme Courts in both Victoria and New South Wales.
There is also the Children’s Court which operates in Criminal division and a family division (DHS proceedings).
Daniel is a Law Institute Accredited Specialist in Children’s Law. He is the only Accredited Specialist in this field east of Melbourne. He is an expert in Children Court Criminal and DHS matters and represents both Children and Adults in DHS proceedings.
Daniel presents papers and seminars to DHS workers and conducts training in DHS Law, to relevant service providers due to his expert knowledge.
Daniel is also on the Specialist Legal Aid panels and can ensure ease of Legal Aid access where applicable.
Types of Cases
Hear the majority of all cases and determines to finality matters including.
- A range of driving matters
- Breaches of intervention orders
- Drink driving and drug driving charges
- Minor sexual offences
- Intervention orders
- Bail applications
- Drug matters.
Where are the Magistrates Courts?
Daniel Taylor appears at the Magistrates Court at:
- Sale Magistrates Court
- Bairnsdale Magistrates Court
- Orbost Magistrates Court
- Latrobe Valley Magistrates Court
- Omeo Magistrates Court.
The Magistrate sits and you call him your Honour. It is courtesy to bow when you enter and leave the Court.
Court Duty Lawyers
The Magistrates Court is often staffed by duty lawyers. If you wait to see a duty lawyer at Court you run the risk of:
- not being able to have much dedicated time with a lawyer
- not having much time for the lawyer to negotiate or investigate for you
- the duty lawyer turning you away as there are strict guidelines as to income and types of matters they can help with.
- Being left on your own to battle with the complex structure and laws
Act Before Court Day
You should contact Daniel Taylor Lawyers well before your Court date so you can arrive fully armed and fully prepared with a specialist lawyer.