Shaun practices mainly in criminal, inquisitorial and administrative jurisdictions.
Shaun is an experienced trial and appellate advocate who appears for both the defence and prosecution. In recent years his practice has focussed upon federal crime. Selected cases (unled except where indicated) –
- Seymour  VSCA 113 (conviction appeal, child sexual offending)
- Kebriti  VSCA 275 (sentence appeal, Commonwealth offences)
- Macarthur  VSCA 71 (sentence appeal, rape)
- Samuels  VSCA 14 (sentence appeal, rape)
Shaun appeared before the Royal Commission Into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse and held briefs for to act for several interested parties at different stages of the inquiry.
Shaun recently appeared as counsel assisting the Coroner in an inquest into a death in custody (Darren James Brandon COR 2018 2778).
Shaun has also appeared for and advised interested parties in coronial inquests, and persons summonsed for examination by bodies such as ICAC, ACC, ASIC and the Office of the Chief Examiner.
- Indictable Crime Certificate
- Victoria Legal Aid Preferred Barrister and Trial Counsel Development Program Mentor
- AAI-trained Advocacy Coach