- 1/33-37 Nicholson Street,
Bairnsdale VIC 3875
- +61 5152 6262
- Level 1, 136 Commercial Road,
Morwell VIC 3840
- +61 5116 6199
- 555 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne VIC 3000
- +61 418 122 692
At Daniel Taylor Lawyers we are specialist criminal lawyers who can assist with driving offences including:
- Drink driving
- Drug driving
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Culpable driving
- Hoon driving
- Unlicensed driving
- Driving while disqualified
- Traffic offences
You Need a Licence in the Country
In the country it is almost an absolute necessity to have your driver’s licence to engage in employment, sport or travel to far-flung reaches of Gippsland.
About Police Charges
- Police often charge with numerous offences arising out of one incident
- Many charges carry automatic disqualification of your licence
- Automatic disqualification can last from 6 month to 4 years
Legal Representation is Important
It is crucial to engage the services of a lawyer when appearing at Court because:
- Going to Court alone can be incredibly stressful.
- Laws and court procedures are complex
- Each judge or magistrate has a different personality
With Daniel Taylor Lawyers’ specialist experience legal representation you’ll:
- Be fully prepared,
- Be fully represented
- Be assured of a good result.
You’ll have an “insurance policy” against outcomes that could affect your liberty and employment.
If you are innocent
Legal representation can prevent
- Unnecessary licence loss
- Unnecessary incarceration
- Inappropriate guilty pleas where you misunderstand the charges.
If you are guilty
Daniel Taylor Lawyers may be able to negotiate:
- The best outcome with the Police or Prosecution
- Significant changes to charges
- Significant changes to the way the police present their case so that your version of how the incident happened is given much greater weight.
- Dramatically reduced penalties
A lawyer you can afford
- You know precisely how much it will cost you
- Reasonable fixed fee structure available.
- Legal fees are a small price compared to consequences
Legal Aid: We will ensure that wherever legal aid applies to you that we will obtain it for you. Find out more about Legal Aid.
Making an Appointment
If you have any questions about your appointment or what to bring please do not hesitate to contact our legal assistant on 5152 6262.
What to bring to an appointment
Important documents to bring to an appointment (if you have them):
- A brief of evidence or charge sheets
- Any documents that you think may be relevant to your case
- Your Centrelink card if you are on Centrelink benefits (for Legal Aid)
Please advise Daniel’s legal assistant when you make your appointment that you have these documents.
At the First Appointment
At the first appointment we will:
- Discuss briefly the nature of the charges
- Discuss the case against you
- Explain the legal process
- Discuss our fixed fee structures
- Advise you of those amounts if we have all the relevant paperwork.